Intelligence - Overview
Guinea-Bissau Country Intelligence Report
Total telecom service revenue in Guinea-Bissau will reach US$67 million in 2019, an increase of 2.3% from 2018, which is mainly due to growth in mobile data services, driven by increasing smartphone adoption arising from 3G and 4G improvements by operators. Total revenue will increase further and grow to US$88.4 million by 2024 led by the mobile data segment. Mobile voice revenue will represent 63.8% of total telecom service revenue in 2019 but will decline over 2019-2024 to reach US$65.3 million by 2024 due to falling mobile voice ARPU as a result of competition-induced voice tariff cuts.
"Guinea-Bissau Country Intelligence Report," a Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guinea Bissau today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Guinea-Bissau.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Guinea-Bissau will grow at a CAGR
of 5.8% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile data revenue will reach US$48 million by 2024 led by growing Internet-based subscriptions and an increase in mobile data ARPU.
- 3G will remain the most adopted mobile technology through 2024, and 4G subscriptions will grow at the faster rate.
- The top mobile operators, MTN Guinea Bissau and Orange Guinea-Bissau, will continue to focus on network investments and coverage expansion, and value-added service offerings to acquire customers and drive the telecom market.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Guinea-Bissaus telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guinea-Bissaus mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Guinea-Bissaus telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guinea-Bissau.