Telecom Operators Intelligence - Overview
Mexico Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
The telecom service revenue growth in the Mexico over 2019-2024 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2019-2024 supported by rising smartphone subscriptions, increasing mobile data consumption, strengthening LTE networks, and the expected launch of commercial 5G services in 2021. Fixed broadband market will be the fastest growing segment, driven by robust growth in FTTx and fixed wireless subscriptions. Ongoing fixed broadband network expansions as part of the governments national development plan and Internet for all initiatives will improve the penetration of fixed broadband services in the country and contribute to fixed revenue growth. Pay TV revenue will increase over the forecast period, primarily supported by steady subscription growth in cable and projected significant adoption for IPTV services.
"Mexico Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mexico today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Mexico.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Mexico will grow at a CAGR
of 3.5% in terms of US$ during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 45.5% of total telecom revenue in 2024, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the period 2019-2024, supported by improving 4G wholesale network as a part of the Red Compartidat project and as operators like AT&T and Movistar expand their 4G network due to license obligation.
- We expect 5G to be commercially available by 2021.
- The top two mobile operators Telcel and Movistar, will account for 81.5% of total mobile subscriptions in 2019. We expect the competition to intensify over the forecast period.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Mexicos telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Mexicos mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Mexicos telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Mexico.