Russia Telecom Operators Intelligence - Overview
Russia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Russia will decline in US dollar terms, from US$21.0 billion in 2019 to US$20.2 billion in 2024, at a CAGR
of 0.8%, as a result of the depreciation of the ruble against the US dollar. However, in local currency terms, the telecom market will expand from RUB1.4 trillion in 2019 to RUB15.0 trillion by 2024, indicating a CAGR
of 1.2%, mainly supported by growth in revenues from mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the fastest growing segment, with revenues expanding at a CAGR
of 9.1% in US$ terms (11.3% in RUB terms) over 2019-2024. This growth will be mainly driven by the growing smartphone adoption, expansion of LTE networks, projected launch of 5G in 2020 and MNOs focus on data-centric plans. Pay-TV segment will grow at a CAGR
of 0.9% in US$ terms (2.9% in RUB terms) over the forecast period, led by growing adoption of DTH and IPTV services, supported by increasing offers on multiplay bundles by MNOs.
Russia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Russia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The demographic and macroeconomic context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in terms of local currency will grow at a CAGR
of 1.2% (decline at 0.8% in US$) during 2019-2024.
- Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR
of 11.3% in local currency (9.1% in US$), driven by driven
by the growing smartphone adoption, expansion of LTE networks.
- 4G will remain the leading mobile technology in Russia throughout the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- The three major mobile operators, MTS Russia, MegaFon, and Beeline, will account for 82.3% of total mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, and pay-TV markets including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russia's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Russia.