PESTLE Insights: The Macroeconomic - Overview
PESTLE Insights: The Philippines - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 23.0% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (21.2%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (18.5%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 10.5%, 11.1%, and 10.9%, respectively, in 2019.
Four major regions of the Philippines generated around 68.2% of the countrys GDP and were home to 45.5% of the countrys population, according to the latest available data
Majority of inward FDI was towards manufacturing, and financial and insurance services in 2018
The overall PSEi index increased in value over the past year. As of October 15, 2019 PSEi index stood at 7840.31, compared to 6926.50 on October 15, 2018
- According to the World Banks Logistic Performance Index 2018, The Philippines was ranked 60th out of 160 nations, improving from 71st in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the countrys snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies
presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: The Philippines? Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia?Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: The Philippines Stock Market Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 6: : Net FDI Inflows and Outflows (2010-18) and FDI Equity by Industry (2016-2018)
Exhibit 7: Foreign Investment by Country during (2016-2018) and Foreign Investment by Type of Instruments (2016-2018)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, % Share in World Exports, 2018
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (October 2012- October 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990,2000,2010,2020f)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000,2010,2020f)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990,2000,2010,2020f)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2018e
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2018)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in The Philippines 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)