Opportunities in the Americas Make up - Overview
Opportunities in the Americas Make-up Sector
Americas was the largest region with a value share of 36.8% in the global make-up sector in 2019, and is forecast to record a CAGR
of 5% during 2019-2024. Face make-up was the largest category accounting for US$7,096.3 (33.6% of the overall make-up sector) in 2019 and is expected to reach US$8,385.5 million in 2024, growing at a CAGR
of 3.4%. Among the high-potential countries, the US was the largest market in terms of both value and volume share in 2019.
Argentina is expected to record the highest value CAGR
at 12%, while Chile is forecast to register the highest volume CAGR
at 4.2% during 2019-2024. The Americas make-up sector was consolidated, with the top five companies accounting for a share of 62.8% in 2019, of which L'Oréal S.A. held a share of 22%, with presence in all categories. L'Oréal S.A. was followed by The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Coty, Inc., Revlon, Inc., and Shiseido Company Limited which accounted for 18.9%, 11.4%, 6.3%, and 4.1% shares, respectively. Private labels held a 2.1% value share of overall sales in the same year. Health & beauty stores was the leading distribution channel in the Americas make-up sector, with a value share of 20% in 2019, followed by department stores with a 16.3% share.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Americas make-up sector, analyzing data from 21 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Environment: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category
- High-Potential Countries Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various make-up categories across high-potential countries in the Americas region. It also provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high-potential countries
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling make-up manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in the Americas region. It also provides a better understanding of how a certain manufacturer achieved success in the sector, and insights
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Americas region, besides analyzing growth of private label in the region
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Americas make-up sector in 2019. It covers six distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, health & beauty stores, parapharmacies/drugstores, chemists/pharmacies, department stores, e-retailers, direct sellers, convenience stores, dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, and other retailers
- Packaging Analysis: The report provides percentage share (in 2019) and growth analysis (during 2014-2024) for various pack materials pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of make-up
- Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and future outlook pertaining to the Americas make-up sector
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates