PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic - Overview
PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - India
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 21.0% to the GVA in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (20.5%), and agriculture (15.4%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 11.6%, 11.9% and 10.7%, respectively, in 2019.
Emerging cities such as Bangalore and Hyderabad are new drivers of economic growth while accounting for lower shares of population than old metro-cities.
Mauritius, Singapore and the Netherlands were the largest sources of FDI inflow to India during April 2018 - March 2019
- As per the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), Indias transport and logistic infrastructure rank declined over the last two years, from 35th in 2016 to 44th (out of 160 countries) in 2018.
- In August 2019, the prime minister announced that the government plans to invest US$14.3bn into developing infrastructure in India over the next five years.
- The performance of the Indian stock market has been poor for the past year due to rising geo-political tensions (US China trade war, Kashmir issue) and poor economic growth. The BSE SENSEX declined from 37,994.5 on August 9, 2018, to 37,521.3 on August 9, 2019.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the countrys snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies
presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: India?s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: BSE SENSEX (^BSESN) 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors? Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f) 15
Exhibit 6: Direct Investment in India (2010-2011 to 2018-2019), FDI By Type (2018-2019) and FDI Equity By Sector (2016-2017 to 2018-2019) 16
Exhibit 7: Share of FDI Inflow By Country (2018-2019), FDI Equity Inflow By Country (2016-2019), and FDI Equity Inflow By Destination State (2018-2019) 18
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f) 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f) 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f) 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2014-2017) 26
Exhibit 14: Natural, Cultured Pearls; Precious, Semi-precious Stones, Etc., Share of World Exports (2018) 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (August 2012 - August 2019) 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate (2014-2021f) 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f) 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f) 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f) 31
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f) 31
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2014-2021f) 31
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020) 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020) 32
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020) 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users as a % of the Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rates (2018e) 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2018) 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2018 or Latest Year Available) 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in India 2019 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2018) 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017) 37